Hang on a bit people in the US, these are not race riots and race is not an issue in this flare up.  Having just spent a wakeful night with local rioting going on round the corner, with white/black and every shade in between - in Oxford!!! - my view is that these young people are hugely angry: angry at two-faced, champagne lifestyle politicians, media moghuls and businessmen repeatedly saying 'we are all in this together' when this is a blatant lie which is perceptible to even the most poorly educated person.   They are angry that they the small allowance they had to go to college has been scrapped, there is no change of going to university with tuition fees of £9k a year, that there are no jobs, they have no access to the possessions by which society measures social success and worth, and no hope.  It isn't right to do what they are doing, and they lack a coherent cause or voice, but boy, are they angry.

Best wishes and please keep the personal insults of this list!

Kind regards

Laura Davis
3 Hillsale Piece
Oxford