Do you mean density in the crystallized state, or partially molten? As a guide, the density of granite is about 2.7 g/cc, and granitic melt is about 0.4 g/cc less, so you can estimate the overall density from the fractions of the solid and liquid components. A more sophisticated estimate will take fully into account the mineralogy, total pressure, temperature and water pressure effects.
Ernie Rutter

-----Original Message-----
From: Tectonics & structural geology discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Soumyajit Mukherjee
Sent: 27 August 2011 05:05
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Density Ranges of Migmatites

Hi all,

    While developing an analytical model on extrusion of the Higher
Himalaya, I was looking for the density range for migmatites. I
searched a lot in various textbooks, papers and handbooks but couldn't
get any. Could you let me know the range along with full references?

       Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,
Dr. Soumyajit Mukherjee
Associate Editor: "International Journal of Earth Sciences"

Assistant Professor
Geodynamics Lab (Room Number: 101, 1st Floor)
Department of Earth Sciences
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Powai, Mumbai- 400 076, Maharashtra, INDIA
Landline    :  +91-022-2576-7281 (Office)
Fax          :   +91-022-2576-7253
e- mail id  :   [log in to unmask]