Dear All,

I find this to be a very interesting discussion and it seems to highlight
the need for some sort of unified international education standards. I am
nearing completion of my BS under the American system and am going directly
to a PhD program rather than obtaining a masters degree first. As long as a
student has proven his or her dedication to research and scholarship and
backed that up with stellar grades there should be no reason to add
additional time until studying for a PhD. In the end it seems that a
constant influx of fresh minds into the research realm would ultimately
benefit science as a whole.

Respectfully,
Michael Farner