Dear All,

Thanks to those of you who've already responded to my message.  But it's clear that I was about as clear as mud!

At this stage of the process, we're looking for ideas about how virtual volunteers could make a contribution to our museum e.g. by blogging, acting as an online consultant, doing some translation work etc.  The idea is that we put your ideas up on our website more as a brain storming exercise (and a way of acknowledging your contribution) than a recruiting exercise at the moment - although looking again that may not be clear.  By responding to the message, therefore, you are in effect already acting as virtual volunteers, because you're helping our thinking.

Which is not to say that I'm not really grateful for the offers of help or the ideas that we've had so far!

What is clear is that there is room for discussion around this topic.  Is there any forum out there where we could open up a 'Virtual Volunteering' thread?  Any ideas?  I guess that was what I was really hoping to achieve, just didn't know how to go about it.

Many thanks again,

Larissa
Larissa Paver
Learning Manager