Calling all GEM Scotland members!

We are currently planning our next GEM Scotland training event which will focus on the Curriculum for Excellence: what's the state of play (in both primary and secondary schools); how is it being rolled out; how can museums best support teachers through events and resources; what are the challenges for schools and resource providers? The event is likely to take place in Dunfermline in early October.

We are hoping to have a speaker from Education Scotland, and from a practising teacher, but would also really like to feature a couple of case studies from museum educators in Scotland who have grasped that CfE nettle and delivered successful (ideally) education programmes which support teachers with the new curriculum.

Could that case study be you??

If you've planned and delivered a programme which focussed on CfE and would be happy to give a short presentation about it, to a friendly and supportive audience of your peers, then please do contact either Calum or myself. Or if you know of other museum people who are actively tackling CfE, please dob them in so that we can get in touch.

Hoping to hear lots of ideas soon.
Best wishes
Elspeth

Elspeth Mackay