Dear Burkhard,

We have not tried to optimise eddy_correct for this situation (limited FOV)
although I am surprised that it fails.  You might want to try a different
cost function.  If you take a copy of the file $FSLDIR/bin/eddy_correct
then you can modify the call to flirt (near the end) and try other cost
functions to see if they do better.  Also check that your reference volume
is a good choice.

All the best,
	Mark