Hello,
          We've been investigating this problem - it seems mainly to be a problem when the "Progress Watcher" option is enabled and the GUI tries to invoke the browser. Our current solution for Lion systems is either to overwrite the libiconv in FSL with the built-in version from /usr/lib/  or  to delete the FSL libiconv ( which should make the GUIs revert to using the system library instead ).

Many Regards

Matthew