Hi everyone,

I tried to figure out this question myself but couldn't find another post on this very simple beginners question. I read about vertex analyses using FSL FIRST, e.g. for hippocampal segmentations. Is it actually also possible to run such an analysis on the whole cerebral cortex or is this (for a good reason, I assume) not recommended and are there other analyses that would be prefered for cortical comparisons of shape (I already ran a VBM on the whole brain).

Many thanks for any suggestions that might bring me back on track, Martina