Dear all,

I'm using Feat to analyze 2 sets of fMRI data: an elderly group and a young control group. I'm having problems with registering the data to MNI space, especially in the elderly group. The alignment around the ventricles is not so good. I'm using the following settings in the FEAT GUI:

-Initial structural image: a whole brain-extracted epi scan (Normal search, 3DOF)
-Main structural image: brain-extracted T1 (Normal search, 6DOF)
-Standard space: MNI152_T1_1mm_brain (Normal search, 12 DOF, non-linear, warp resolution 10 mm)

The problem seems to arise when registering the initial highres to the main structural image (registration of the main structural image to standard space is fine). I' ve tried changing the DOFs and changing the settings from 'normal search' to 'full search' but nothing seems to help much.

Any suggestions on how to improve this registration would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Annouchka