Dear Colleagues

We are delighted to announce the launch of *Alphaville: Journal of Film and
Screen Media**, *an open-access and fully peer-reviewed journal based at
Film Studies at University College Cork*. *The inaugural issue, edited by
doctoral and post-doctoral students at UCC is a special, themed issue that
examines contemporary European film from the perspectives of
transnationalism, transmediality and transculturalism. It is now available
online at www.alphavillejournal.com*.*

*Alp**haville*, which will be published twice yearly, aims to be a dynamic
international forum for original work by doctoral, postdoctoral and early
career researchers in Film and Screen Media. We seek work that engages with
and speaks to debates that are current today, or are about to become so,
through our ongoing open and themed calls for papers.  The journal also
welcomes festival and conference reports and book reviews, as well as print,
audio and filmed interviews. We aim to utilise the online platform to its
full capacity and to explore the interfaces between cinema and all new
media.

*Alphaville: Journal of Film and Screen Media **Issue 1 (Summer 2011)*

*Contents:*

* *

*Editorial*

*Back to the Future: The European Film Studies Agenda Today*

Laura Rascaroli

*Issue Editors’ Note*

Abigail Keating, Jill Murphy and Aidan Power

*Articles*

*Transnationality and Transitionality: Sandra Kogut’s** **The Hungarian
Passport** *

Natalia Pinázza

*Paris, Borders and the Concept of Europe in** **Paris, je t’aime** **and**
**Code Unknown*

Vivien Silvey

*Lindsay Anderson: Britishness and National Cinemas*

Isabelle Gourdin-Sangouard

*The Fictive Archive: Kurdish Filmmaking in Turkey*

Özgür Çiçek

*Ideas of Sex: Discourses on Sexuality in Liliana Cavani’s** **The Night
Porter** **and Cesare Canevari’s** **The Gestapo’s Last Orgy*

Nick Impey

*Cinema/History: Philippe Garrel, Bernardo Bertolucci and May 1968*

Michael Leonard

*Face to Face with the Muslim “Other”: European Cinematic Responses to
Al-Qaeda*

Elena Caoduro

*Book Reviews and Festival and Conference Reports*

* *

www.alphavillejournal.com

email: [log in to unmask]

* *

*Issue 2*, Winter 2011, Space and Time in Film.

*Issue 3*, Summer 2012, Sound, Voice, Music.

cfp: http://www.alphavillejournal.com/CallforPapers.html

* *

--
Film-Philosophy
After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to