From: CCP4 bulletin board [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Sandeep [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2011 4:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ccp4bb] Cadmium sites and co-ordinations in structure

Hi,

I crystallised a protein in the presence of Calcium, Cobalt, and Cadmium and determined its structure. It turns out that I see several metal sites in the structure, mostly cadmiums. Is there any information published (preferably a review) which summarises data on cadmium sites in proteins such as for example the possible coordination numbers of cadmium, distances, type of side chains found to coordinate with cadmium, etc.? I could extract all this from the PDB, but a nice review would be simpler to start with.

Thank you in advance for your help

Sandeep