While I believe there is plenty written about metal coordination, the best approach, IMHO, is to search PDB for metal of your choice at resolution as high as you can get and compare to your case.

     Vaheh

From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dhirendra K Simanshu
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2011 10:34 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Cadmium sites and co-ordinations in structure

Hello Sandeep,

I have been in this situation many times before but with different metal ions..

I have found papers published by Marjorie M Harding very useful in such situations. In fact, there are lots of information on-line on which is available here (including all the references for his papers):

METAL COORDINATION SITES IN PROTEINS

http://tanna.bch.ed.ac.uk/

http://tanna.bch.ed.ac.uk/qg3.htm

http://tanna.bch.ed.ac.uk/newtargs_06.html

You will at least find information for Ca and Co here for sure.

All the best

Simanshu