(3a) You could give GraphENT a shot first and see if you can do magic on visualizing the remaining bits of density.
You could also have multiple conformations, try refining with a low occupancy first and see what you get back.

(3b) use AFitt

Jürgen

P.S. I would set the occupancy to zero for those parts which you don't see density but I would never remove them unless you know that your ligands has been degraded.