We are seeking two external examiners for our range of postgraduate MA Economics programmes; one vacancy will arise in December this year and the other in December of 2012.

There is no closing date for applications, but with one vacancy arising before the end of the calendar year, early expressions of interest are encouraged.

At least one of the examiners to be appointed should have expertise in, and commitment to, a pluralist approach to economic theory (see below).

An overview of our programmes is at

http://fass.kingston.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/modules/

Follow the appropriate links for an overview of the various programmes (note: the vacancies are for the MA programmes, not the MSc programmes).

From the overview pages further links will take you to details of the individual modules. When you reach the page for an individual module, look for a link at upper right labelled "Full module descriptor", which will bring up exactly that - with details of the syllabus, recommended reading, and so on.

The modules for which examiners are sought are the six taught modules which, together with the dissertation module, form the common core of the MA programmes.

Two of these core modules (Rise of Capitalism, and Topics in Economic Policy) are presented with a pluralist approach to different economic paradigms. Further, our existing portfolio of MA programmes - in Business, Development, Financial and International Economics - will be joined in the coming academic year by a new MA Economics (Political Economy).

For more specific information about the areas which we would like you to take responsibility for, please contact me using the details below.

When responding, please copy your message to

Mr Nick Butler
Head of School

as well as to

Dr Julian Wells