Perhaps it would be opportune to remind UK labs that EQA schemes are moving to  comparable means of defining poor performance in EQA as defined in MAPS pilot [attached]

dj

Dr David James
Clinical Director Somerset Pathology Service & Consultant Chemical Pathologist
Department of Pathology
Taunton & Somerset NHS Trust
Taunton
TA1 5DA

Tel: 01823 34 22 72
Cell: 07770 645 278
Fax: 01823 27 10 23

>>> Mike Bosomworth <[log in to unmask]> 26/08/2011 12:14 >>>
The first question is more for UK subscribers so apologies to others.

We are intending to change to Siemens enzymatic creatinine and have noticed that this assay has a small negative bias compared to other enzymatic methods. This in itself is not a major issue for us but when we have run old NEQAS samples we have a negative bias compared to other Siemens users. Recently Siemens reformulated their assay and assigned new calibrator values. We have used these new calibrator values and are wondering if other Siemens sites have adopted these new values, or have stayed with the previous values as this would explain our negative bias. I would be very grateful if any Siemens enzymatic users in the UK could respond to me, either via the Mailbase or privately, to let me know what they are doing?

The second question is for everyone

At the same time as changing to enzymatic creatinine I was going to change from the abbreviated MDRD equation for eGFR to the CKD-EPI equation. I was persuaded not to do so for the time being but wondered how many of you have adopted this more recent equation?

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Mike

Dr. Mike Bosomworth
Head of Blood Sciences
Consultant Clinical Scientist

Tel. 0113 3922340
Fax 0113 3925174
Mobile 07789 174344
http://www.pathology.leedsth.nhs.uk ( http://www.pathology.leedsth.nhs.uk/ )

Please visit our web-site at www.leedsteachinghospitals.com
------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk Green Laboratories Work http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/
This message may contain confidential and privileged information.

If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies.

Please do not disclose copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it.

Thank you for your co-operation.

This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.
ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk