We've come across a request by GPs to have Read codes changed for Alk Phos in LFTs reports to Liver Specific AP so that they can claim  QOF points against the Dementia panel. Essentially this seems to suggest  Liver Specific Alk Phos as one of the qualifying tests.

Has anyone else had this request?

For interest I've included the rules and a list of current v3 Read Codes.

Rick

Dr Rick Jones
Assoc Clin Director, Yorks and Humber SHA NPfIT
Sen Lect, Yorkshire Centre Health Informatics, Univ of Leeds
http://www.ychi.leeds.ac.uk<http://www.ychi.leeds.ac.uk/>
http://www.ychi.leeds.ac.uk/rgjones
http://www.pathology.leedsth.nhs.uk<http://www.pathology.leedsth.nhs.uk/>
http://www.soundshealthy.org/home.asp
07976743549

This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.
ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk