Hello Caroline,
you're right, but Gasparini's thesis is atypical. His "Matriarchy" is more
complex and specific only of the ancient layer of slavs, survived sometimes
in the folklore. Indeed this is, nowadays, the least acceptable pattern of
the book; but it doeas not damage its organic, rigorous, comparative and
ethnological importance. D.