Hi there,

I'm wondering about this term 'matriarchy'? I was under the impression that anthropologists had never come across a matriarchal society. (Excuse me if I'm barking up the wrong tree and you're actually talking about supernatural beings, but if you're talking about humans, then I'm still asking the question).

~Caroline.

-----Original Message-----
From: Society for The Academic Study of Magic [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Davide Ermacora
Sent: Monday, 22 August 2011 3:11 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] Important re-issue on slavic folklore

An important news. For all those who understand italian with interests in slavic anthropology, mythology and folklore, i point out the re-issue [2010] of Evel Gasparini's magnum opus "Il matriarcato slavo. Antropologia culturale dei Protoslavi" (846 pages), probably the most eminent italian scholar of the slavic world. The first luckless edition of this book [1973] was formerly very rare to find. You can download for FREE all the entire new edition (e.g. well reviewed by Eliade, On the Slavic matriarchy, «History of Religions», 14, 1 (1974), pp. 74-78), expanded by an important introductory essay, another paper by Gasparini on the finns-slavs relationships and first Gasparini's complete bibliography, from the website of the publisher Firenze University Press: http://www.fupress.com/scheda.asp?IDV=2038

Here you can find more details: http://historiareligionum.blogspot.com/2011/05/il-matriarcato-slavo-di-evel-gasparini.html
D.