Intriguing.  Everyday my damaged lungs cleanse themselves of what I visualize as a covering of phlegm, on 3-5 occasions, often with my conscious assistance but also unexpectedly, prompted by an intake of fluids or a bout of talking.  I'm told it sounds deadly serious, but I'm used to the process.  Early on, hospital burn unit nurses and doctors emphasized its value.  I hadn't thought of that activity as the subject for a poem, however, and I thank you for providing three precedents.

Barry