From: Analysis of animal remains from archaeological sites [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jacqui Mulville
Sent: 05 July 2011 13:39
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ZOOARCH] multivariate statistics course wanted

Dear Fiona and list members,

I was recently thinking we could do with some sharing of knowledge regarding the use of statistics/packages - a workshop with zooarch examples - maybe even an on-line resource?  We were looking for advice on correspondence analysis and zooarch and our in-house computing/stats experts seemed bemused by our enquires - so I do think some knowledge sharing would not go amiss.  I will investigate methods that we can pursue this idea.

For interest - we are now using CANOCO - with help from a variety of colleagues that included some great teaching notes.  Perhaps a sharing of teaching resources would be helpful?

After Jean-Dennis V.paper at the ASWA meeting I now want to think about mixture analysis - http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0033589499920665 and http://paleobiol.geoscienceworld.org/cgi/content/abstract/28/1/55

I do not appear to be able to access the latter article, does anyone have a copy or comments on the use of this methodology, looks complicated.....

Cheers,

Jacqui Mulville (PhD),

Follow my Leverhulme Artist in Residence at Osteography
http://osteography.wordpress.com/

School of History, Archaeology and Religion,
Cardiff University, Humanities Building, Colum Drive, CARDIFF, CF10 3EU
http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/share/contactsandpeople/academicstaff/K-O/mulville-jacqui-dr-overview_new.html
Tel: + 44 (0) 29 2087 4247
Fax: + 44 (0) 29 2087 4929