Maria,

Dog footprints are discussed at some length in the following paper which has references to other contributions:

Cram, Leslie 2000. Varieties of dog in Roman Britain. In: Crockford, S.J. (ed) Dogs Through Time: An Archaeological Perspective. BAR International Series 889, pp. 171-180. The largest dog track from Silchester is illustrated and is about 10 cm long.

Ian L. Baxter