Maria,

Dog footprints are discussed at some length in the following paper which
has references to other contributions:

Cram, Leslie 2000. Varieties of dog in Roman Britain. In: Crockford, S.J.
(ed) Dogs Through Time: An Archaeological Perspective. BAR  International
Series 889, pp. 171-180. The largest dog track from Silchester is  illustrated
and is about 10 cm long.

Ian L. Baxter