Diolch, mae'n llawer mwy eglur na'r gwreiddiol!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sioned
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2011 7:42 PM
  Subject: Re: relife / re-life

  Yn seiliedig ar yr esboniad yna, fyddai "ailasesu oes" yn rhy syml?

  Sioned

  Sent from my iPhone

  On 7 Jul 2011, at 12:24, Gareth Jones <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

    Term wedi'i fathu gan y cwsmer ydy hwn, yn ol pob tebyg! Dyma eglurhad o'i ystyr:

    It’s a big technical but in accounting terms to ‘relife’ is to reassess the useful life of an asset. So if you invest in a new computer server and expect it to last 5 years but after say 2 years you find its on its last legs you can then reassess its useful life to say 3 years. The term we have used to describe this process is ‘relifed’ but I accept that may not be a word in any normal dictionary. If it helps, the translator could assume the word was or should have been hyphenated as ‘re-lifed’.

    Dyma'r cyd-destun yn darn:

          Due to the closure of the organisation by November 2011, the assets that will not be transferring with the continuing functions have been reviewed and relifed to reflect their expected remaining economic life.