	Yes, Virginia, there are miracles.  In this case, a miracle of medical technology.   Tuesday and yesterday I had lens transplants to get rid of my cataracts.  They told me I would have near 20/20 eyesight after a lifetime of "blind as a bat-ness."  I was skeptical.  Now I'm a believer.   I can see!  Without those thick glasses that I've worn since I was eight!!  20/25 vision!! Maybe 20/20, they tell me, after a few weeks of healing!  I'm giddily reading the small print in everything I can get my hands on as if I was a child who is just learning to read.  I feel like I've thrown off crutches in Brother Dan's revival tent proclaiming, "I'm saved!  I'm saved!"

	Talking about seeing--how's that for a lead-in''-after reading student journals day after day, week after week, semester after semester, I've come to the conclusion that eyesight or hindsight don't match up to penetrating insight,  If you don't see sharply with the last, what you see in the classroom with the proverbial "mind's eye" or the eyes in your head will be blurred and distorted by the cataracts of "attribution error":  presumption, misconception, misunderstanding, and misinterpretation.

Make it a good day

-Louis-

Louis Schmier                         		http://www.therandomthoughts.edublogs.org
Department of History                        http://www.therandomthoughts.com
Valdosta State University
Valdosta, Georgia 31698                     /\   /\  /\                 /\     /\
                                              /\"If you want to climb mountains,\ /\
                                          _ /  \    don't practice on mole hills" - /   \_