Thank you for your fast reply.
I actually first did the PPI  using the standard method in SPM. Then I realized that the PPI and
Y terms were correlated and I thought this might cause the results (some of the variance in
Y being explained by PPI). Then I tried again with the orthogonalized version of
the PPI variable but the results remained the same.
The task contains three conditions (standards, targets, novels) and a fixation.

Kind regards,
Linda

On 01-07-11, "MCLAREN, Donald" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
[log in to unmask]" class="iwcQuote" style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 255); padding-left: 13px; margin-left: 0pt;" type="cite">
What happens when you use gPPI or PPI in SPM?

The way it seems that you did your PPI is non-standard, so its hard to
tell if its the method or something about the underlying activity that
is making the results look the way they look.

Do you have condition A, condition B, and fixation in your task?

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.
Harvard Medical School
Office: (773) 406-2464