From: Vy Dinh
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2011 1:28 PM
To: Andrew Murrin; [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: SPM/MATLAB Crashing

Hi Andy,

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you at this moment except that I upgraded to 10.6.0_24 on OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard). What version of Matlab do you have? It appears that my Matlab versions  (2007a & 2008a/b) are incompatible with this new upgrade. I wonder if anyone with a Matlab version 2009 or later have the same problems?  I've tried downgrading to Java 1.5 using the instructions http://chxor.chxo.com/post/183013153/installing-java-1-5-on-snow-leopard but it appears that Matlab is still calling up the latest Java upgrade (type version -java in Matlab). If anyone has any luck following these instructions (http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-1812J/) please share! Thanks.

Vy T.U. Dinh
Research Assistant, Neurological Sciences
Rush University Medical Center
Phone: (312) 563-3853