SPM Community:
    I am using SPM5 on a Mac with OS X 10.5.8, and everything was working fine up until the last set of software updates – Java Update 10.5.0_30, as well as the Cumulative Security Update for Macs.  I am able to load MATLAB without any issues, but after typing “spm” (“figure” is another command that causes this, so it is not *entirely* SPM-related) at the command prompt, the initial button selection window for SPM (where you can select “fMRI”, “EEG”, etc.) appears and then MATLAB crashes.  From general online searches, it appears that the latest Java update is causing the issues.  I am just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this, and knows any solutions.  Thanks!

- Andy