On our Postgraduate Certificate we use:

Fry, H., Ketteridge, S. and Marshall, S. (2008, 3rd edition) A
Handbook for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education: enhancing
academic practice, London: Routledge
978-0-415-43464-5

http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415434645/

I should declare that I wrote the chapter on e-learning.

- Sam

On 26 Jul 2011, at 10:58, DeGroot, Mark wrote:

> Rachel
>
> If you are still looking....
>
> One of the resources we give to new staff on our PGCHE course at
> Leeds Metropolitan is 'In at the Deep End: starting to teach in
> higher education' by Phil Race.  It contains sections on lectures,
> small-group teaching, assessment and feedback, and dealing with
> problems.  Anyone wishing to customise this for their own
> institution can do so by purchasing a site licence (which many
> universities in the UK and overseas have done), which will permit
> you to republish it with, for example, your own preface and design.
> If you want to have a look at it, a sample copy is available at: www.leedsmet.ac.uk/publications
>
> If you want to take it further our Internal Communications Manager,
> Andrea Rayner can best advise.
> Her contact details are:
> Tel: 0113 812 9257
>
> Best wishes
>
> Mark
> Mark de Groot
> Library & Learning Innovation
> Leeds Metropolitan University
> +44 113 81 23064

Sam Brenton

Head of E-Learning, QMUL
Deputy Director of The Learning Institute

Queen Mary, University of London
3rd Floor. Francis Bancroft Building
Mile End Campus
327 Mile End Road