At the UK Association of Science and Discovery Centre's first Annual Conference at Eureka! in Halifax on 15th September, we want to celebrate and showcase innovation and new ideas from people working in our centres. As a way of doing this, we are opening up one session at our conference to anyone who wants to talk about something they think is cool, interesting or innovative that they are doing. We don't mind about the topic as long as it has some link to science and discovery centres.

To ensure a fast paced and varied programme, we have decided to adopt the 'Pecha Kucha' format, which means that to communicate your ideas you will have to present them in 20 powerpoint (or Keynote or any other medium you choose!) slides each of 20 seconds duration. So… You have six minutes 40 seconds to share your vision, your idea or your initiative about our field with an audience of your peers...

With only an hour to play with, we expect demand to present to outstrip the time available, so a panel including Leigh-Anne Stradeski (Conference Host), Penny Fidler(ASDC CEO) and Ian Griffin(Session Chair) will select the presentations from the submissions we receive.

If you are interested in presenting at this session, please send the title of your presentation together with a brief (no more than 50 word) summary to me before 29th July 2011. You will also need to register for the ASDC conference to take part, which can be done at the link below. The panel will make its selections and inform successful presenters by the 12th August.

The conference link is http://www.sciencecentres.org.uk/agm/index.html

The session description can be found at http://www.sciencecentres.org.uk/agm/programme.html

Hope this is of interest.

--

Ian Griffin
CEO

Phone 01865 810029
Mobile 07799 105244
e-mail [log in to unmask]
web http://www.scienceoxford.com
blog http://www.ian-griffin.com/blog/Blog.php
Twitter http://www.twitter.com/scienceoxford

[cid:3360645753_4634244]

SCIENCEOXFORDLIVE
SCIENCEOXFORDNETWORKS
SCIENCEOXFORDNEXT
SCIENCEOXFORDONLINE

1-5 London Place
Oxford OX4 1BD
T: 01865 728953
D: 01865 810029
F: 01865 791854
www.scienceoxford.com

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of Science Oxford unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it from your system.

Science Oxford is the public face of The Oxford Trust, a registered charity no 292664,
a company limited by guarantee no 1898691