Apologies for cross-posting

***************************

The Policy Press has just published a new book: ‘Evidence, policy and practice’, edited by Jon Glasby. I am sure that it will be of interest to members of this list.

This edited book provides a hard-hitting and deliberately provocative overview of the relationship between evidence, policy and practice, how policy is implemented and how research can and should influence the policy process.

For more information please see:

http://www.policypress.co.uk/display.asp?K=9781847422842

It is currently available on our website with a 20% discount.

Policy Press books can be ordered from our website (http://www.policypress.co.uk/) or from our distributor:

Marston Book Services

PO Box 269

Abingdon

Oxon

OX14 4YN

Te: +44 (0)1235 465500

Email: [log in to unmask]

P&P charges: Delivery within the UK £2.75 for the first copy and 50p thereafter

Jessica Hughes, Marketing Executive

The Policy Press, Fourth Floor, Beacon House, Queen's Road, Bristol, BS8 1QU

t: +44 (0)117 331 4096

f: +44 (0)117 331 4093

w: www.policypress.co.uk

I am in the office Wednesday to Friday, on other days please contact [log in to unmask]

New this month:

FAMILY FUTURES

Childhood and poverty in urban neighbourhoods

Anne Power, Helen Willmot and Rosemary Davidson

Journal article of the month

‘Will the lessons be learned? Reflections on local authority evaluations and the use of research evidence’ by Jill Clark and Elaine Hall, from Evidence & Policy (Volume 4, Number 2) is free for the month of July.

For more free journal articles go to http://www.policypress.co.uk/journals.asp

Follow us on Twitter,  read our blog and visit our YouTube channel