Colleagues, I'm very pleased by the many requests for the article in
my earlier post. In case your interest extends to complexity, I'll add
that I edited a special issue of Performance Improvement Quarterly in
2007 that contained relevant articles from Harold Nelson and Ranulph
Glanville on complexity and design. They are available online through
Wiley (see url below). Cheers, Gordon

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/piq.2007.20.issue-2/issuetoc