Dear Ken

Thanks. I am sure that you will be thorough in your response.

Just one additional fact for your consideration is that at NID we have had a
policy of engaging students with real world situations from way back in the
late 80s. Over the years there is a huge body of student work that has
reached market but not all of them are on the policy level however this is
different from most other schools that I know of. Very little of this is
unfortunately published and there is much history work that is pending on
this front. NID undergraduates have gone on to establish the design
profession here in India and they have a critical presence across many
design sectors, some of which they have pioneered and they have worked their
way up the order to be at leadership levels in many verticals and i have
been trying to capture these contributions on my blog but much work remains
to be done.

More recently many students have incubated their own companies and we have a
design business incubator that has incubated thirty start ups in the past
four years. Many of these experiences inform design thought and action on
campus and the past forty years has been a period of much experience but
little documentation unfortunately.

With warm regards

M P Ranjan
from my imac at home on the NID campus