Hi all,
So glad this list is here...

I have been buried in new work, and only just looking at emails from this list. Part of the new work is the publication of my book, Men & Women and Tools - Bridging the Divide, coming out from Fernwood Publishing this fall. Using performative auto-ethnography as a methodology, the centrepiece is a play, based on a group-interview I undertook with 4 tradesmen and myself, a journeylevel carpender. Interwoven are autoethnographic stories of my life and experience in this world, and historical, cultural, and psychological explorations  Play Rites festival at UBC, the professional actors gave life to the stories
and to the play. The book is based on my PhD dissertation at UBC in late 2004. (Hi Dalene!) (I used a whole story by Dalene Swanson which looked at teaching math in an all boys school in my original dissertation work, and parts of it in the book.)

I have attached the publisher's PDF flyer on the book, but I am not sure this list accepts attachments, the material can be found on the forthcoming page of:  http://www.fernwoodpublishing.ca/?mode=releases&season=forthcoming

scroll down and click on (more information), the cover is wonderful...an incredible rendering,  by a world renowned
artist, of the melding of disparate objects, glass and bronze... men and women.

Regards,
--
Dr. Marcia Braundy
Gender, Trades and Technology Studies