Please excuse cross-posting....and please consider submitting if you haven't done so yet! We have an exciting conference shaping up, with many unique takes on anchoritism, enclosure, silence, monasticism, and pedagogy. Any ideas welcome.

International Anchoritic Society Biannual Conference: September 2011 in Grand Forks, ND

The next International Anchoritic Society Conference will be held September 16-18, 2011 in Grand Forks, North Dakota USA at the University of North Dakota. Conference theme: liminality and the wilderness.

http://und.edu/conferences/anchoritic/

Keynote Speaker: Michael G. Sargent, Queens College/CUNY

Please send 500-750 word abstracts to <[log in to unmask]>. Please also include a cover sheet with your name, affiliation, and contact information. The conference theme is liminality and the wilderness, but we will accept abstracts on any aspect of the anchoritic vocation, as well as on enclosure, monasticism, and related topics. We are especially interested in explorations of little-known texts.

Questions? Please contact:

Michelle M. Sauer
IAS Vice President & Conference Host
Department of English; Stop 7209
University of North Dakota
Grand Forks, ND 58202
(701) 777-2783

Reserve the date! Please join us for the biannual conference—the first in the USA!

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]