Hello

I have had an enquiry for information regarding how to explain safeguarding alerts raised for children & young people to the CYP and/or their parents.  I haven't found much and wondered whether any of you have any ideas.

I have found no articles except for a couple to do with social workers' communication skills with parents regarding child protection matters.  NICE Guideline When to suspect child maltreatment: has a brief mention but more about whether or not to discuss rather than how.  Our Trust's CP Policy - whether to discuss a referral but not how.  Local LSCB (Cheshire East) procedures has very basic guidance.  A few chapters in a couple of e-books regarding communication with children on CP matters which are more geared towards social workers' assessments.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Catherine

Catherine Pritchard
Librarian