Hi everyone,

I will soon be taking up a post at a brand new Post 16 Centre LRC.

Tutorial staff have been busy spending my (sorry, the LRC's) budget but I'll need to put together a good core collection really fast.

The Centre offers mainly A and AS levels and I expect many students to enter HE.

What would you expect to find in a well stocked post 16 library?:

I would be grateful for suggestions on the following but don’t feel confined to them if you’d like to chip in with something else:

•	Study support material such as dictionaries.
•	Materials to support the teaching of languages such as newspapers and magazines.
•	Electronic resources.

As well as being a new job this is also a new area for me so I’d be really grateful for any pointers, however obvious they may seem.

I am especially interested in hearing from HE.

As usual please send directly to me and I’ll  summarise for the list.

Thanks,

Carl.