Michael,

On 7/21/2011 5:22 PM, Michael Norris wrote:
> Does anyone have experience of how to systematise or at least make
> easier the identification and collection of errors, mismatches or
> omissions  in Web of Science/Scopus citation records, or for that
> matter correcting them when spotted by their academic owners?

Sorry, no experiences with that over here. The only thing we check in a
semi-automatic way are DOIs sent to our link resolver from Web of Science.

> Also useful would be what are the best routes/strategies into Thomson
> Reuters and Elsevier to get errors corrected?

Thomson offers a web form for submitting "Data Change Requests", see
http://science.thomsonreuters.com/techsupport/datachange/. Each WoK
record provides a link to it on the right hand side ("Suggest a
correction") and via this way, the form will be pre-filled with the
metadata from the corresponding record.

For reporting errors to the Scopus team, we prefer sending out emails
instead of using the generic contact form
(https://www.scopus.com/standard/contactUs.url).

Hope that helps,
inga

--
Inga Overkamp                       E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Max Planck Digital Library (MPDL)          Fax: +49-89-38602-280