For all persons accessing WoK 5.3

Yesterday one of my academics noticed some serious problems with the
citation counts on several of his papers: one had Times cited =
240  in WoK 4.10, but 0 in WoK 5.3. Doing a cited ref search for same
paper in Wok 5.3 reveal 6 papers citing it. I have reported this
issue to the  MIMAS helpdesk  ([log in to unmask]) and asked them to
raise it with Thomson Reuters as matter of urgency.

Kind regards
Patti

At 20:14 21/07/2011, Inga Overkamp wrote:
>Michael,
>
>On 7/21/2011 5:22 PM, Michael Norris wrote:
>>Does anyone have experience of how to systematise or at least make
>>easier the identification and collection of errors, mismatches or
>>omissions  in Web of Science/Scopus citation records, or for that
>>matter correcting them when spotted by their academic owners?
>
>Sorry, no experiences with that over here. The only thing we check
>in a semi-automatic way are DOIs sent to our link resolver from Web of Science.
>
>>Also useful would be what are the best routes/strategies into Thomson
>>Reuters and Elsevier to get errors corrected?
>
>Thomson offers a web form for submitting "Data Change Requests", see
>http://science.thomsonreuters.com/techsupport/datachange/. Each WoK
>record provides a link to it on the right hand side ("Suggest a
>correction") and via this way, the form will be pre-filled with the
>metadata from the corresponding record.
>
>For reporting errors to the Scopus team, we prefer sending out
>emails instead of using the generic contact form
>(https://www.scopus.com/standard/contactUs.url).
>
>Hope that helps,
>inga
>

>>Michael Norris Senior Project Officer - Bibliometrics Support
>>University Library George Edwards Building University of Surrey
>>Guildford, UK GU2 7XH Tel: +44 (0)1483 684730 Fax: +44 (0)1483
>>689500 E-mail: [log in to unmask]
>>

>>lis-e-resources is a UKSG list - http://www.uksg.org/serials UKSG
>>groups also available on Facebook and LinkedIn
>

>--
>Inga Overkamp                       E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
>Max Planck Digital Library (MPDL)          Fax: +49-89-38602-280
>Amalienstr. 33, D-80799 Munich, GERMANY   http://www.mpdl.mpg.de
>
>lis-e-resources is a UKSG list - http://www.uksg.org/serials
>UKSG groups also available on Facebook and LinkedIn

Patti Biggs
Deputy Librarian
MRC National Institute for Medical Research
The Ridgeway
Mill Hill
London
NW7 1AA