I use Freeola for most of my small websites. Despite the slightly dodgy name, they're pretty efficient, very reasonably priced, and good on support. If you want to keep costs down to an absolute minimum, you can use a dialup connection for uploads, and get free hosting. I typically use that option for sites that need updating less than once a week.

Paul Baker
Supreme Commander
Diabolus in Musica
Historical musicians in costume
Replica musical instruments and historical artifacts
Interactives, websites, audio & video work
www.diabolus.org