Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. I do not have fieldmaps for these scans. They're from a spiral-in SENSE sequence, which seems to help with the ventral frontal distortions, but it doesn't fix all distortions.

I took a closer look at highres.nii.gz and example_func2highres.nii.gz, and they are generally aligned using 6 DOFs. However, the alignment probably isn't perfect, and I can see that the edges (particularly around DLPFC) aren't matched up: the functional data is compressed/distorted relative to the highres.

Since I don't have fieldmaps for this particular dataset, what are my options (assuming I have some)? Will masking the example_func better help? It seems to have some excess non-brain material, even after BET. Will an unsmoothed example_func help? These were originally smoothed with a 6mm kernel since I made the example func from my preprocessed data.

Thanks!
David