My recently-completed PhD thesis focused on the subject of the Hollywood
'happy ending', which has obviously required that I delve into endings and
closure more broadly. One article stemming from this research, 'Does the
Hollywood Happy Ending Exist?', is available online
here<http://www.scribd.com/doc/56195466/Does-the-Hollywood-Happy-Ending-Exist>
.

I'd be very interested to know how others are approaching the subject of
endings (it is indeed a bizarrely under-explored area), and would be happy
to share either more work or bibliographies if people would like to contact
me off list...

Best,

James MacDowell

On 21 July 2011 17:40, Catalin Brylla <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Again a German-speaking resource:
>
> http://www.montage-av.de/a_2003_2_12.html
>

> I have been doing research on narrative film endings (I think you are
> actually referring to my queries on this forum some years ago). Please get
> in touch for any more information you need. There is not much research on
> this topic, so I am trying to build a research network around this.
>
> Catalin
>

> ---
>
> Catalin Brylla
> Filmmaker - Editor
> www.catalinbrylla.com
>
> Lecturer, Film and Video
> University of Wales Newport
> www.newport.ac.uk/catalinbrylla<http://www.newport.ac.uk/artmediadesign/newportfilmschool/StaffProfiles/Pages/CatalinBrylla.aspx>
>
> Mobile: 07789004745
> Skype: cbrylla

Editor - Alternate Takes <http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/>

Editorial board - Movie: A Journal of Film
Criticism<http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/film/movie>

Contributor - Notes on Metamodernism <http://www.metamodernism.com/>

Blog - The Lesser Feat <http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com>