From: Film-Philosophy [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tony Mills
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2011 5:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FILM-PHILOSOPHY] filmosophy groupies???

As an American, I think the fact that any teenager has even heard of Zizek is impressive. We can comment upon the reasons at some length I'm sure, but I'm still a little baffled at the fact that she even knows who he is. Perhaps my stereotype of American youths as impatient, tech-obsessed morons is a bit harsh?

A couple of posts in this thread also made me think of the general indie vs. pop movies debate. Specifically, how do you folks respond when you talk to people who love the Transformers movies, for instance, and don't understand your argument that they are simply awful movies?

Tony Mills

-- Film-Philosophy After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] Or visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/film-philosophy.html For technical help email: [log in to unmask], not the list -- Film-Philosophy journal: http://www.film-philosophy.com/ Film-Philosophy Conference (6-8 July 2011): http://www.film-philosophy.com/conference/ Contact: [log in to unmask] --