To quote from: http://healthpolicyandreform.nejm.org/?p=14876&query=TOC

"The key is to use these flashes of physician anguish to illuminate the Level I evidence and identify the real risk factors for a bad outcome. I suspect the amygdala did not evolve to store odds ratios and heterogeneity P scores, but when an adverse event has prompted me to review the literature, I come away with a clearer understanding. There’s nothing like a baby free-floating in the abdomen to drive home the lessons from a prospective study of risk factors for uterine rupture. And that clarity of understanding will serve the next at-risk patient I encounter."