My usual recommendation: Serenity (it is not easy to translate "Gelassenheit"), searching for "evidence" and arguments and the failures we did in past projections, being more careful in calculations,
and of course Mechanics last paragraph (p.91). http://content.healthaffairs.org/cgi/reprint/16/5/83.pdf

Best Regards

Markus

1. see attachment

2. see attachment: US population 2050 percentage 65+: 20,2 % = Germany 2007

Population age structure
Population: 65 years old and over
% of total population

Länder 2007
Australia                                  13.1
Austria                                    17.0
Belgium                                   17.1
Canada                                  13.4
Czech Republic                        14.5
Denmark                                15.5
Finland                                    16.5
France                                     16.4
Germany                                 20.2
Greece                                    18.6
Hungary                                 16.1
Iceland                                    11.5
Ireland                                     10.8
Italy                                         19.7
Japan                                      21.5
Korea                                     9.9
Luxembourg                            14.0
Mexico                                    5.5
Netherlands                            14.6
New Zealand                          12.5
Norway                                  14.6
Poland                                     13.4
Portugal                                   17.3
Slovak Republic                       11.9
Spain                                       16.6
Sweden                                  17.4
Switzerland                             16.3
Turkey                                    7.1
United Kingdom                       16.0
United States                           12.6

Source OECD HEALTH DATA 2009, June 09

3.
http://content.healthaffairs.org/content/22/3/89.full.pdf

http://healthaffairs.org/blog/2010/10/25/health-care-prices-ignored-once-again/

Dr.Markus Narath
Steiermärkische Krankenanstaltengesellschaft mbH
Stiftingtalstrasse 4 - 6
8010 Graz
#43 316 340 5212

Der "angezeigte Name" wurde von meinem Arbeitgeber vorgegeben.
The "displayed name" has been configured by my employer.