Ellie, no doubt about that. It's just that for me, Lonergan played a crucial
role in liberating me from a dogmatic attitude, one of whose effects was to
keep me from turning towards the realms of my own experiences. Lonergan was
quite serious about the fact that since all knowledge finds its origins in
experience, the cultivation and examination of experiences hold primal
importance in his work. In some ways, he was more Husserlian than Husserl.
Don