Ah yes, I was one of the Lonergan circle.  As a young Jesuit, I followed him all over the country. I published one of my first articles on his ethics and gave a paper at the International Lonergan conference in Florida in 1969. On the philosophy faculty at Loyola Univ of LA (now Loyola Marymount), I brought him there to give a series of public seminars. He was a magnficent inspiring teacher who has made a lasting impression on my own intellectual journeys.
Don Hanlon Johnson
www.donhanlonjohnson.com