Dear Colleagues,

I have received an enquiry from Boris Minaev, who is backed by the Yeltsin Foundation, about the translation of his biography of Boris Yeltsin in the series ZhiznZamechatel’nykh Lyudei into English. I have replied asking for precise details but if you have knowledge in this area, perhaps you could point out the obvious to me:

1. Supposing it were translated, would we be thinking about academic or general publishers in the West?

2. The length is 700 pages, says Minaev, would that suit the UK/US market?

3. Are there too many biographies of Yeltsin available already, would it sell? Are there still things we want to know?

I’ve not written too much, but any other remarks are welcome.

Andrew Jameson
6 Gilbert Road
Malvern WR14 3RQ UK
01684 572466