Hi

We have just been advised by SFE that, although they are processing DSA1 forms from new part-time students, they cannot approve DSA funding for a needs assessment until 19th September. This means that these students cannot book a needs assessment during the summer to have equipment and support in place ready for the start of their course programme.

However, my colleagues have some recollection of guidance that indicated that part-time students could apply for DSAs in advance – in the same way full-time students can – but we cannot locate it. Does anyone else recall receiving something to this effect?

Claire Waterhouse

Disability Adviser

cid:630234314@08122009-2C54

': 01642 342279 | 7: 01642 342289 | * [log in to unmask] " www.tees.ac.uk