Dear all,

I am wondering if any of you can advise me. We have a student starting here in September who has ‘general learning difficulties and literacy difficulties’. As I understand it she will not be eligible for DSA because they do not accept students with general learning difficulties, however I am not sure where we stand in regards to offering her support (i.e. extra time in exams etc) ? The few people I have asked seem unsure as to whether general learning difficulties are considered to be a ‘disability’ when it comes to studying at University level. Have any of you had experience of this and if so what did you do in this situation ?

Many thanks for your time.

Best Regards

Nicola

Nicola Smith

Disability Officer

London South Bank University

Room 4B6, Perry Library

4th Floor Bridge

103, Borough Road

London SE1 OAA

Tel: 020 7815 6405

Email: [log in to unmask]

Please note I work part time, and am in the office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays only.

Email has been scanned for spam and viruses by Altman Technologies' email management service

The LSBU communications disclaimer can be found at http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/ict/legal/