colleagues think?

From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gerard Conroy
Sent: 19 July 2011 11:35
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Backlog of Assessments

I am opposed to telephone assessments for DSA purposes. The one coming to be
assessed often does know what technology is available to help, during the
assessment I demonstrate software to a student and allow them to "play"
themselves. This is impossible with a telephone assessment and without such
an opportunity the assessment must be flawed. I do not know what the Becta
'Home Access Assistive Technology programme' was trying to determine but I
would be surprised if the aim was similar to a DSA assessment. Please do not
make this the norm.